Português English
1953
Founded in April 1953, in São Paulo, Metalac starts the production of Tellep prodrutc (Socket head cap screws products).
1959
Beginning of the supply of critical screws for the Brazilian automotive industry.
1966
Metalac joins SPS Technologies Inc., founded in 1903 in Pennsylvania, USA, a global company and leader in screw technology in the industrial, automotive and aerospace sectors.
1979
Moves to the new headquarters in Sorocaba, São Paulo.
1982
Beginning of the Research and Development department, focused on the development of equipment for the fastening laboratory, software, fastener and joint designs, tightening methods, rationalization design and failure analysis.
1994
Metalac starts exporting critical application fasteners to automakers in the USA.
1995
The American group, SPS technologies, acquires Metalac.
2003
The American group, Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), acquires SPS Technologies.
2006
Beginning of exportation of critical Brake components to Europe and Asia.
2011
Beginning of operation of the raw material preparation line.
2012
Addition of the Automatic Phosphating and Oiling Line of screws.
2016
Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Omaha, Neb., USA.) acquires PCC. In April, addition of the new robotic organometallic coating line.
2020
Metalac changes its brand and its positioning in the market, showing the modernity, the connection with the future and the strength of one single company, capable of makes the world go round with excellence in quality.
2020
Implementation of aerospace cell following in depth the 4.0 industry concept.
2022
NADCAP ACCREDITATION.

Metalac. Presence in every movement.

Get to know Metalac